Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Director's Cut: Belfast

The winner of last week's Director's Cut is the Belfast team at Debenhams. The winning photo was Mark's, who created this look on himself based on "Monochromatic geometry. Whenever I think monochrome, I think 1960s and inevitably I tend to end up with a graphic geometric look!"

So, how did Mark create this Tim Burton-esque look?

"I always start with eyebrows. I know what kind of look I will end up with by how I start with the brows, so I used Sealing Gel mixed with Eye Liner Cake in 'Mislead' for a strong, blacker than black brows.

I then pressed on Concealer in 100 for a white base and added Pure Pigment in 'Tingle' for a crisp, shimmering white finish. I then lined around this with the Sealing Gel and 'Mislead' mixture and blended this out with Powder Eye Shadow in 'Gimp' for a shadowy effect.

Finally, I used the Contour Kit from the recent January promotion online, coordinating between Powder Blusher in 'Mischief' and Powder Blusher in 'Complex' to create a strong contour."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...